Thursday, March 13, 2008

YEAH...I got to paint!

So every artist or I should say quite a few, always seem to have done a self portrait at one time or another. Had I done a self portrait 5 yrs ago it would not have been a pretty site. So today I decided to do something a little different. I decided to start a painting of me. Well it's not a real me but it is how I feel about my..."me". Never thought I would get to the point where I would say this out loud, but here it goes. These days I feel warm and loved. I feel shiney and clean. And I feel.....well....LIKE I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT!!! Ok, I'm back just a little of the old Michele left in there. I hope that one day my belly does look like this. I have already started....I went as far as to have my husband move my exercise machine to a spot where it can get more use. Or at least I can look at it. Some character defects haven't changed. Like procrastination. Don't really like that character defect very much.....I think I might have to work on that...tomorrow ;)

So, give yourself a big hug....and enjoy every single bit of you.

2 comments:

Shadow said...

hey! thanks for popping in my side. that's a really nice paiting that there!!!

i read about your ladies painting evening. sounds like huge fun. don't know about the quality of 'art' that'll come out of it if i should do it, but what the hay, it's about the experience, isn't it. i wanna try something like that too some time...

Carol ReMarks said...

Good luck with the whole exercise regime. It's hard I tell ya, for me it was anyway. I haven't been to work out in weeks!!! I LOVE that painting!!! Very good. Can you come by my office sometime today or I can meet you somewhere around lunch time?