Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"Waiting"

By Michele Lee copyright 2008 8x10" oil pastel on paper framed

Mommyville has officially started back! And what a great day for my back to go out! (well it is not all the way out yet :) So I have been spending most of the day on the couch.

Since this is a year of Art I thought that I would post one of my older pieces. This one was done last year and was sold on the first night of the Huntsville Art Stroll...may-sept.....If you all have not attended one of these it is a MUST in Huntsville. An evening on the square with about 150 artists , musicians, actors, and little coffee shops along the way...MMMM YUMMY! The Spring and Summer evenings here are absolutely blissfull. I cannot even describe them in words.

I call this girl "Waiting". A lady was walking by at the art stroll, stopped dead in her tracks, looked a the girl-looked at me....and said.."I have to have her" (her hair looked almost identical to the girl's) I LOVE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS> because I know how I feel when I am stopped dead in my tracks by something beautiful or moving.....It is the feeling of AWE.

So stop.....and enjoy the "Waiting"

No comments: