Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 4-Time Off Week- Got HAL!!!!!!!

By Michele Lee copyright 2008 18x24 acrylic/mixed on canvas

Well as you can see I HAD to change that silly painting. This looks more like Her Spot/My Spot. (had to throw my favorite pillow in. I helps me keep my wild side. ;) So today I spent my time changing it and varnishing other painting. WEEW am I high as a kite from that. ;\

OK SO, here is the big news for the day. I have been working with a girl(Gina - Huntsville Art Blog) and she has gotten me a spot for the month of March at the HUNTSVILLE ART LEAGUE! YEAH! (thanks again Gina) A couple of years ago I did a show at the Clay House Museum in Madison.....but this is HAL. Just a tad bit bigger. I am so excited. So this week has turned in to trying to get my pieces ready in time. (i have to hang on Monday..yikes)

So most of this art journey this year is having to get through fear. Fear of someone seeing me, fear of rejection, fear of learning new technique, etc... So the other day I was sitting on the fence with this whole HAL thing. I told one of my good friends about it and she said, "why are you EVEN thinking about this...JUMP". So I go to a meeting (and you all know what kind ;) and guess what the topic was? Yep, you got it, FEAR! God usually does this. He puts a few things in front of me for the day until I quit swatting them away and listen. "Got it G, thanks". I went home, got on the computer, and there was another e-mail from Gina asking if I had made a decision. Well, long story short.....I'm jumping in. They can either like it, love it, hate it or just be stumped. But that's art. I'm a big girl now...I can take it.

Light a candle, kick your shoes off, get in something comfy.....Enjoy the "Spot"

2 comments:

Carol ReMarks said...

WOW! Congratulations. I am so glad and happy that things are happening for you. Way to go! (((HUGS)))

Its Always Rainin In My Head... said...

I like it MUCH better! It looks like it's still warm from someone relaxing, reading a passage from their book ;)