Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Piece

Ok guys, here is the new piece. This is all you get unil tomorrow...if it's done by then. It's a big canvas (4' x 2 1/2') The detail might take a while. I will give you a hint...Sushi ;)

Today I had a friend come over and paint with me. It was really nice. We experimented with paints, chatted and listened to music. (she is the QUEEN of music) It is funny to see how we went from two "chatty cathy's" playing in the paint to dead silent painters. You could almost hear the zone. I think maybe it sounds a little like white noise. My thoughts wonder, sometimes meditating on a thought and sometimes I think nothing at all. Just concentrate on painting the next stroke. I like that part of painting. I love getting lost in time and swimming in the music and paint. What I don't like is; looking up and seeing that it is almost 3pm and time for the kids to get home from school. And I have to go back on Mommy time. (there is no white noise there)ARGGGG! (smile)

One thing I have learned from recovery is: Don't get angry...just do the next thing in front of me. So I used this today and the children and I had a wonderful time together. We did chores, cooked dinner and talked and laughed with each other. I wish my husband could have seen it. He loves times like that.

Well enough of my rantings......Enjoy the "Sushi"

See ya tomorrow!

3 comments:

Carol ReMarks said...

Don't get angry? Well I just broke that cardinal rule right now with my own kid.

Glad to hear you got to do some painting with a shiny friend. I'm so jealous!

Its Always Rainin In My Head... said...

Hey c.a...you sound as though you're coming down with a little bug ;) Maybe you should take a day and rejuvenate! A mental/emotional health day?
Just an observation.... :)
~Shiny

Carol ReMarks said...

Yeah Shiny, I did try to take a day off yesterday but it didn't work out. I ended up staying at work until 5:00. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.