Friday, February 15, 2008

Goodbye "D"



This is a painting that I did a long time ago.(2004) It was for me a way to express my feelings of alcohol and the hold that it had on my body, mind and spirit. First the bottle was sparkly and made me feel free from any fears I had. Then it turned with a vengance and became a firey poison in my veins.

Today I found out that one of my brothers in recovery died. and it SUCKS!!!! I will never walk into a meeting again and see his face. I will never leave a meeting and smell his cologne on my clothes from the hug that he gave. I will never again see him open his book...find the right passage for that moment..and read it to me. I hate it because it scares me. I hate it for him because of the joy he brought to everyone around him. Some days it is wonderful to be an alcoholic because I get to have a place and program that teaches me how to live this life. Some days I hate being an alcoholic because I have to see the people I love dearly in the program die. But one thing I do know is that he will never ever feel the pain or have to work at this life again.

Goodbye "D". I will miss you..............

1 comment:

ProphetJoe said...

My deepest condolences on the loss of your friend, Michele.

Btw, Carol Ann sent me by to check out your site -- excellent ART!!