Monday, February 4, 2008

"Robin"


by Michele Lee, copyright 2005 Sold





About"Robin" ....I usually start my days with a cup of coffee and meditation. This morning I was thinking of a friend of mine named Robin. She is the owner of an art gallery (The Clay House) here in town. She is loosing her battle with cancer. Please keep her family in your prayers. She was one of those people who are just genuinly happy and shiney. (I like those kind) When I first started painting and decided to get out there a little, she offered to show my work in her gallery. In turn for giving me a "featured artist show" and for being such an inspiration, I painted this for her and presented her with it on the last day of the show. To me this is who she is. When ever anyone would drive down main street by the gallery in the summer, they would see Robin in a rocking chair on the front porch. Smile on her face and usually talking to someone. She sponsored many art shows and festivals at her gallery. She is and will always be a leader in the art community of Madison,Al. Thank you Robin.
(The picture at the top is of The Clay House Art Gallery)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that painting. The colors, the subtlety, just everything.