Sunday, February 10, 2008

GINA IS DONE!!!!!!!!



So here is GINA. I just finished. I still have to varnish it. Then I get to take it to her!!!! I really had a good time doing this one. She gave me a whole list of things that represented her and her husband. I think I managed to get every one of them in the painting. But they will have to look very hard to find them. (wink)

Next up is a figure. I NEED to paint a body! Sometimes when I do one thing for a while, I ACHE to do something different. Well, I am off for the day. I hope that you all enjoy the painting.

7 comments:

Gina Hurst, Art Consultant said...

LOVE IT! WOW! That's US!

Math, Sailboat, Airplane, Art, Beach, Garden and God the central factor of our lives.

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! A wonderful life portrait!

G&D

Don said...

Carol Marks said to say that she sent me. :-)

When she said you’re an artist I had to come and look at, and admire, your work that you show on your blog because my older daughter graduated from Auburn with a degree in art. Now, after many years doing other types of work for other people, she has used her talent and created her own business. The type of art work she does is quite a bit different from what you do. I thought you might be interested in seeing examples of her work on her business website @ http://www.extremecabinetmakeover.com/.
Keep up your fine work at both your art and your blog. May you enjoy great success at both.

Scott Allan said...

I saw you on Carol's site. You do really nice work.

Carol ReMarks said...

Don, you had better behave yourself over here cause Michele won't put up with any crap! ;-) You may be able to get away with your harmless antics at my place, but not here. Heh. Consider yourself warned. :-)

Carol ReMarks said...

Oh and would you mind changing my URL from alabamaimproper.com to http://stilettoirreverence.blogspot.com in your fun places to visit? Thanks, you're a doll. ;-)

Mystical_Girl said...

So when are you going to paint a painting for me? :)

Cindy

Don said...

Carol, I take your warnings seriously so I'll be a nice guy here and even keep my fly zipped.
:-)