Saturday, February 9, 2008

Girl's Night!


Hi all!!! Sorry that I did not get around to posting yesterday. Life stepped in and tossed me around for a while. Between visiting a friend in the hospital,getting children packed and shipped to friends, supper,basketball party food prep and having to have a Komono made by 6.....I found myself, at the least, a little frazzled! But I wouldn't change one of these days for anything.
Here is a picture of me and Leigh. My sweet hubby took this of us last night before we went to "Girls Night"...What a blast! We have begun having a Girls Night once a month. (I highly recommend it) They used to be just a gathering of girls to eat and gab. But my friend Carol has kicked it up a notch...BAM! Last night was "Dorothy Parker Night". We had to come dressed as our favorite writer or character. I thought that it might be too much for us but was pleasantly suprised.....we all had a blast. We brought our books and told why we enjoyed them. Then let someone have the book to read. And we all got a signed book about Dorothy Parker!(Carol's gift) I brought Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. (If you haven't read it ...DO! It is about sisterhood) Leigh went as Tom Robbins(writer). She was freaking everyone out because she looked SOOOO much like a man. Just look at her compared to her press pass she has on! See? Freaky!
So, I guess my art yesterday was sewing a half-baked Komono and.......actually BECOMING Snow Flower(voice and all) for the evening. Good thing my friends are used to this kind of behavior in me ;)
Two thumbs up to Carol!!!!!!Great Idea Ms Dorothy Parker.

2 comments:

Carol ReMarks said...

Hey there. Yes, last night was a blast. Ya'll were great. Thanks for participating!!

I thought you'd like to know that you have a broken link in your fun places, under Shiny Leigh. You have it as http:http://

Take out the extra http: and you should be fine.

Love ya!

Its Always Rainin In My Head... said...

YEAH!!! It was a BLAST!
Personally, I don't really see the testosterone eeking outta my pores, but it WAS fun trying to stay in character (except that part when I forgot and squealed like a little girl) heh
Thank you so much Carol!

I will post pictures OH so VERY soon...stay tuned....