Thursday, February 21, 2008

My friend "Bacon"


A while back I gave one of my closest friends daughter,Mary, a challange. Make me a pig with wings. I knew that she was the perfect child to ask because of her love for art. I told her that there was no time limit on delivery and she was to use her imagination. Anyone who knows me will know exactly why I asked this. My home is full of ....shall I say "wierd art". (example Justine-manniquin in family room, Rrrrrreberto-large mexican parrot over bed, Mama Dixie-very large old lady puppet sitting on piano(which is in the dining room-go figure) just to name a few) So of course you can all understand why I NEEDED a flying pig to enter into our "Home of Wierdness". Ok, back to Mary. This is a picture of the pig she created! She has named him Bacon, which I think is absolutely perfect. She also delivered him with a pamphlet of care instructions. This is the most creative child I have ever known. I won't give you all the details of the pamphlet but I will tell you that I just about peeeed my pants trying to read it. She made Bacon out of a cast molding material and even sent him with some extra in case he got injured.

WAY TO GO MARY! Thank you.


I hope you all enjoy Bacon as much as I do. I will post another picture when I get him painted.

2 comments:

Carol ReMarks said...

Cute! I want one... a flying pig. How much?! I would have my kids make one but I wouldn't have a clue as to where to start. Besides, I'd rather have a pig created by Mary. She's very good.

Carol ReMarks said...

Oh and I know exactly where I'd hang my the flying pig too. Heh. The Gent may not agree with me but then again I am not a very good mind reader I have learned.